View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
Oddly, our last act of Testing is just that: Launching a closed game.

Still cold how they didn't allow it to stay open for a few days after the dreaded announcement of yesterday. They just ended it immediately. Where's the love? None there I reckon. The disdain is evident for us to see.

Only last week, Tuesday, August 13th, at 10 PM EST, my second Test Pirate, Billy Warmonger, finally defeated El Patron all by himself at Notoriety 31. No crew bonus, no glitching, no hacking, no alt nearby or at all in game. You get the picture. Just that dude versus my pirate. Oh yeah he summoned his buddies too. My pirate fell once but came back from jail to defeat him for good.

Its something I discovered on Test last year with my first Test Pirate. I told my closest friends but did not demonstrate how I did it. I suspected that somehow that knowledge would leak and every player will then do it. And that happened last year on October 30th. I had just reported someone for using God-mode and there I was wanting to prove something to myself. My first Test Pirate, Davy Darkwalker, succeeded on his first attempt. And to cap it off, it happened on the eve of POTCO's birthday.

I have those screenshots. My Bro even tested it out and succeeded as well. Those were the moments that made the game extra special. Not all of them were captured as screenshots. This game is a virtual relic. A world that once was. Take those screens like a tourist. Enjoy it while it lasts.