Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Test/Open Updates (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Release Notes - April 15, 2010 (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15403)

Sven Niscadae 04-15-2010 06:02 PM

Release Notes - April 15, 2010

Release Notes - April 15, 2010

New Features:
  • El Patron's Lost Weapons have been found!
  • Hundreds of new weapon items can now be discovered in-game.
  • Enemies and ships drop loot containers, which contain a variety of treasure.
  • Sailing Items (Sea Charms) can be found in loot containers, which can help improve your sailing skills.
  • New skills can be found on some of these new weapons. These skills can only be used when the weapons are being used. There are also two new types of skills:

Break Attacks
    Powerful special attacks that can be used when you are in a tough battle. These skills only recharge when you take damage. Completing a Combo Attack also helps recharge a Break Attack.

Defense Skills
    These skills protect the player by automatically blocking incoming attacks. Defense skills recharge normally and cannot be triggered manually by the player.
  • Pirates now have 4 Weapon Slots, so you can choose which weapons you have equipped.
  • Pirates now have 1 Sailing Item Slot, which gives the pirate bonuses while sailing or using cannons.
  • Some new items are also available in stores for purchase.
  • Pirates can now change their clothes, tattoos and jewelry without having to visit stores.
Known Issues - April 15, 2010
  • You may notice some inventory items prior to the update missing from your inventory. We are aware of this issue and are working to correct it and return all your items.
  • Old Quests may appear in your Quest Journal.

Sarah 04-15-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Old Quests may appear in your Quest Journal.
LOL

I've got the grenades quest again. It's nice and easy at level 47 :)

I'm guessing there will be a reset when it's fixed, but for now, I'm doing it and getting rep.

CarribeanThunder 04-15-2010 06:09 PM

I had the odd feeling that these weapons would come out today - don't know why, though :D

.....Anyway...... YYYESSS!!! NO MORE TEST FOR ME, YYYESSS!!!

....Err-hem, now that that's out of my system, I'm extremely glad these weapons are out on live now, because my Pirate can buy and use everything bought and dropped, AND no crashing...... Hopefully......

Jamesvsthekraken 04-15-2010 06:21 PM

Yay finally! :)

Captain Del 04-15-2010 10:33 PM

I'm just hoping that they can fix everything soon, as well as make sure everything will stay stable.

But as of now, I'm really looking foward to get on tonight and start my loot hunting. Gotta catch em all, eh? :D

Jason Bilgemart 04-16-2010 01:05 AM

Finally, for some reason ive got the port royal teleportation quest lol, but other than that its great.

JM Ohara 04-16-2010 01:52 AM

Sigh, doesn't tell you that they changed the clothes in the shop. For girls, any item that you had been able to choose the color of that was NOT white you can no longer pick a color on. Hence, girls can no longer get purple tops to go with the purple pants. Sigh. Not that I'm buying till they find everyone's stuff, but though you guys should know.

Juliana Maria 04-16-2010 01:55 AM

No more color coordinating??? =O Aw :( I hope I don't lose my current clothes then. Haven't logged in yet. I have some nice sets of outfits right now! Red, green, tan, and I think purple? Different moods, different outfits! lol

The Skirata Clan 04-16-2010 02:03 AM

The current clothes you keep. Your closet clothes you might.

Sven Osymthe 04-16-2010 02:05 AM

I didn't find this, but just thought I would share.

So much for being ready... (33/3 people on a light sloop..)
Click the image to view the full version

seafox 04-16-2010 02:07 AM

....that was a party barge!!
When did that occur?....The one day I dun't get on in the wee hours to quest this release happens...such irony....

...the empty clothing store...anne's seamstress...in tort anyway...is open now...clothes are same but mebbe that will change....all the clothes drops I have found are same as in shop I think with names...couldn't use tonics in jail.

But wow, found four cutlasses in ten minutes. two rare...don't know how to do the roll thing..if someone can tell me that would be verra nice...and the dregs on tormenta gave me 130 gold from each....one on each of two diff servers...both quiet..after the first I kept hitting tormenta til i got a second...downhill a lil after that..

djr_8fan 04-16-2010 05:10 AM

ROFLOL at that party! Where was my invite?? J/K

Yeah im missing all my clothes for all my pirates too. And I fear a reset, but hey if there is only one reset on open then that is ok with me.

I was also in tomenta tonight and wow the gold I got! Some drops do have a lot of gold in them, some have only 1 gold!

Have fun guys!

Crestshot 04-16-2010 05:57 AM

I got 3 of my starter items taken away because they're "common" and not "crude." They're still in my closet, but what is Kat without her coat? Nooo....:D I haven't had a lot of drops though. I was out and about too. I got maybe....3-4 on Kat in an hour of playing, only one of which I could use because of my basicness. *sigh* Maybe I'll sell them and get some good money for a War Galleon when (if) I get unlimited....

JM Ohara 04-16-2010 08:03 AM

To roll be about 2 sword lengths from the enemy an hit the 5 button, you roll an stab them. Um, I rolled from one side of tormenta to the other, just for the fun of it. Kid you not. Rolled back too. If they don't take the weapons in a reset tonight you guys will be more than welcome to come watch me roll from one entrance of tormenta to the other, just for kicks. Based on how long it took tonight it should take only about 10 minutes. Hehe, who'd have thunk it, new cutlass sport, tormenta rolling!

William ORoberts 04-16-2010 01:24 PM

Seafox, first of all, do you HAVE a sword with the roll attack? If not then you need to find or buy one to be able to use roll. If you have one, just do what TheHawke said.